Learn how to set up a home office, a space where you will be super-focused and engaged.
It might be a separate room or it might be a corner of your kitchen, either way, it is your home office. This is the space where you write your articles for your blog, where you design websites for your clients, or where you test new cosmetics.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me with a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Clickable images will take you straight to the shop.
How to set up a home office in your living room
First of all, plan where in the house your sacred space will be. Is it your own room? Lucky you.
Is it a corner of your living room? Don’t worry, just incorporate a flexible furniture plan. You might use your dining table as a desk when nobody is around. You might use a bookshelf in the living room for all your office paperwork. There is no shame in having a space that is multi-functional. But if you are planning to get serious with your business, you must find a dedicated area in your house to use as your home office.
The best way to achieve this is to:
- designate a ‘working zone’ – you can distinguish your home office area from the rest of the living room by using different rugs or dividing shelves.
- Make the most of vertical space – shelves, pictures, and floating shelves are an effective and inexpensive way to use limited space effectively
- use Pinterest selectively – yes, it is great for inspiration, but don’t forget your own needs. Your home office needs to be functional and practical first. In this case, looking beautiful is less important.
- sit in your most auspicious direction if you can and have a view of the door if possible.
Good lighting is vital: it directly affects your mood and productivity. Natural light is best. However, you need to be mindful of where you keep your computer, because with the sun on your screen, you won’t be able to see a thing.
KEEP TRACK OF TIME
Setting up working hours and (having) a working schedule will help you to stay focused and productive.
However, keeping an eye on the clock every now and then will help you remind yourself to take regular breaks as well. When you work from home, you might forget to go for lunch or have a coffee break, and this can negatively affect your well-being both in the short and long term. Furthermore, you ought to take a break for a quick stretch to stay fit and healthy.
Green plants cheer you up. In addition, they produce oxygen which you need at all times, and they clean the air. Moreover, if you choose your plant correctly and place it in the wealth area, you can grow your business faster.
Also, if you are working on a computer, it is very important you balance the strong energy it generates. Adding plants near the computer helps soften the heavy energy emanated by the computer.
HOME OFFICE DECOR
If you are confused when choosing the right home decor, imagine you can see this clearly and you are able to transfer your vision over to your real life.
Finally, you will understand why you like bits from one style and bits from another one. With my guided meditation you will clearly see the perfect colour scheme for your soul. You finally feel happy not only in your home office but in your whole home.
Keep in mind these simple tips for your home office and, as a result of this, I guarantee you will work more efficiently than you ever have.
Shop this style
Do you need help with your home?
Schedule a free design chat
Get new design ideas you can begin implementing after the call, with the help and support of a professional.
Bye for now! x
How to style a grey living room
Find A Quick Way To Finish Your Home Decor
How to create a Scandinavian-style bedroom
- How to design a house in Norway in the Scandinavian style - January 19, 2023
- How to decor with black and white on Halloween - September 15, 2022
- Unique home decor and accessories ideas inspired by lips - September 8, 2022